Thursday, January 12, 2006

You and I and a bunch of other people know it [that Atkins works] but so many people don't and are afraid of it. I didn't post all that to convert anyone but more to just inform people because it really hurts me when I hear people post about how hungry they are. I'd hate to see them do what I did, which was to lose the weight a couple of times and then gain it back. As you and I learned the VERY hard way... You can eat like that when you're highly motivated but after the weight is off it becomes boring and more difficult to maintain. Little treats now and then turn into eating all the wrong things again and then the fat comes back into the diet, raising the calories and damaging health. On top of that the low-fat eating wreaks havoc with triglycerides, etc.

Granted, low carbing won't appeal to everyone and thank G*d there are so many choices out there for those of us who suffer from weight issues. I just want to spread the word that it IS healthy and you can be happy. It's soooo badly misunderstood, the reason I keep saying I'm not a big meat eater. I'm NOT!

I truly believe that what scares most people off is what I always felt... How could I possibly live without my favorite food? POTATOES! You know I could have lived on them before. Except for rice and some forms of potatoes there is a subsitute for everything and what most people truly don't GET is that once you've been through induction you don't even care about those things. And what we can eat is truly delicious and filling. We're never hungry either.

From Janis in the thread Low Fat VS Low Carb on About.com's Weight Loss forum.

No comments: