Monday, January 16, 2006

Finding my calling (long), take 2

[Bumping this to the top.]

And if I ever wonder if this IS my calling, I only have to log on to find comments like this (these are from the official Atkins forums):

"I am now doing the weight loss thing for the second time (actually I have been 'dieting' since I was 17 years old) because I didn't learn the lesson the first time. I knew too much be told anything by someone else. I learned the hard way. If you want to learn to do this the right way, the first time, my advice is to pay attention to suellen, Diane, Diana, Victoria, Mary (if she ever returns to us), and quite a number of others. Pay attention to the words and the message they are telling you and please don't be so quick to think that the remarks are written down with the intent of causing you hurt and suffering." --from Mike H.'s post

"Oh and I knew I had forgotten someone in my post - last but not least Victoria has also helped me. I spent half an hour trying to work out who I left off my list and couldn't do it. If I had taken 1 sec to look at the transcript from the last board, I would have gotten her...." --from Colleen's post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria,

You don't know me,and we've never "met" online, but I first ran across your posts on EW a few years ago. You always struck me as someone really in love with God. I was saddened to see that you would not be posting there anymore. I later came across some of your posts when I passed through the Moot and yet again you left soon after I found that forum (boy do I have great timing!) Anyways, I just wanted to give you a word of encouragement and let you know I've kept you in my prayers for a long time and continue to do so. I was listening this morning to a great message on the radio about the need to stay within God's timeline and it struck me as so very relevant for each and every believer. He has plans for each and every one of us but they hinge on His timing not ours, and having the patience to just "be still" is sometimes so hard for us to do, yet so rewarding once we find the self discipline. Reading your entry here reminded me of that. Don't feel discouraged ever at "failed" attempts at service, or attempts that soured after time...God knows the plans He has for you, so you just keep pressing on, seeking His will and and putting Him first, and He will assuredly use you in a powerful way. I can commiserate with what you're saying about feeling let down by fellow Christians- I've often felt the same, but at least we have the comfort of knowing that their actions are not a mirrow image of God's- in fact usually quite the opposite! Anyways, I'll stop rambling now- I hope you are doing well and feeling happy, and I pray God's perfect will, peace and joy in your life. ~ A fellow Sister in Christ