Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Trials and Travails

Fun stuff this week. My Dad gave me a piddly $35 for my birthday (and nothing for Christmas) so there goes my August vacation unless I start saving some serious money. Conference this year is in New York state - the place I attended my first Conference, so I really want to go. But the plane ticket and Conference together will cost about $1000. I'm going to start by cashing in all my comp time and putting it in savings.

Got my butt in gear and bought a new fish tank yesterday. The old one died when the motor was fried after a power outage. Today I bought the Betta fish for the tank. Xena will love me! Gratuitous fish pictures shall follow.

Been without heat at home a couple days this week. They just got it fixed yesterday. I noticed they also installed a 3 pronged outlet in the wall so I don't have to the use the cheaters anymore to plug in my computer and such. So cool!

Being without heat sucked. I had to use my space heater and am glad the cats have their winter coats. I was never more grateful for my down comforter! Xena blissed out in front of the newly fixed heater this morning. She's such a heat seeking cat.

My Livin' La Vida Low-Carb book came today. Hope it's good.

My birthday weight is coming off. After hitting goal, and with my birthday at the same time, I wasn't exactly following Atkins. Today I was down to 143 - 1 pounds above goal, so I'm almost there. I'm adding more carbs, sometimes in the form of a sugar free chocolate bars, and sometimes more veggies. I was keeping my carbs at or below 40g a day. I could lose there, but didn't feel my best. I feel great at 60g of carbs, but can't lose any weight there. Anyway, this week I upped my carbs to 40-50g a day, although I think the large number of veggies today will put me a little over 50.

Brad and Regina are coming over for drinks Saturday night. I will make the Mudslide for Regina, but I have to behave after the disaster last weekend with all the sugary dessert wine. I'll just have sugar free margaritas and/or wine. Those are both low in carbs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah A Fellow low carber as well :)

Let me know how that book is, it looks great.

- John
Http://FatAssBlog.com