Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Janis' Success Story


Janis' Weight Loss Story

My story is much like that of so many others. I struggled with being overweight from childhood, trying and failing at every eating plan imaginable. By going hungry and denying myself I always found it easy to lose weight but could not permanently live in a constant state of hunger and denial. On February 23, 2004 I tried Atkins out of pure desperation and panic. I was leaving for vacation in three weeks and none of my summer clothes fit. I knew I could never stay on low carb long because I loved my potatoes, pasta, bread and rice too much and could never give them up permanently. Just thinking about going low carb made me freak out but I had to try something where I could lose quickly enough to get into my wardrobe. The rest is history. By the end of the first week I didn’t miss my "white" starches, no longer had cravings of any kind, loved what I was eating and knew I had found an eating plan I could stick with. Initially, my doctor wasn’t thrilled, saying I could stay on it only long enough to lose the weight but after my first blood work he started researching Atkins for himself. My cholesterol had been high for years and although I tried everything to bring it down I wasn’t successful enough. Atkins was the only answer. I now have IDEAL cholesterol, lost 70 lbs. by the end of 2004 and have maintained it for eight months, a record for me. The best part...I love what I’m eating, can now deal with food like a normal person, am far healthier then before and know I can stay on it successfully for life, which my doctor has recommended! I’ve never been so happy!

From:
Low Carb Central's Newsletter

One last note - as of the time of this writing Janis has maintained her weight loss for over a year.

See my other post about Janis.

No comments: