Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A motto for low carbers to live by

Found this at Jimmy's blog.

OUR MOTTO AT LIVIN' LA VIDA LOW-CARB: "On the large scale, history shows that an uncritical and misinformed populace is a breeding ground for all manner of intolerant beliefs and practices. The discovery that truth has to fight for its survival is not a pleasant one, but is an essential realization in maintaining civilization. And in a society as open and susceptible to fraud as ours is, truth needs all the help it can get." -- Anthony Garrett

Amen! If only more people, especially so many Christians I meet, were more informed about low carb and not touting the PCRM (affiliated with the infamous PETA) as bastions of truth!

Truth does indeed need all the help it can get, so I guess I will be blogging about Atkins for a long time. I suspect more people will just stop reading though, rather than have their preconceptions challenged. Change is scary. Changing beliefs is even scarier (boy, do I know this one!), and for many people, too scary.

To all the low carbers out there - don't be afraid! If Dr. Atkins was so viciously attacked during his life, what makes us think we will escape the same treatment? If he could weather it than so can I. Ain't nobody gonna keep me from becoming healthy! My life and my health are way more important than what some uninformed person wrongly thinks is true.

No comments: