Wednesday, June 07, 2006

40 Days of Purpose ends!

BibleWhew! I can't believe I've managed to eek out about 30 minutes every single day, seven days a week, for the last forty days. All I know is I am glad its over. That was intense. Not bad, just too intense to sustain much longer.

I learned some stuff about worship and fellowship and such. I know I need to take God and my relationship to Him more seriously. I know I need to live more for Him and less for me and my petty needs and desires. His desires will produce fruit that lasts for eternity. My desires will fade away with my life here. It really IS all about Him and not me.

My biggest challenge besides mission is character - I am so selfish and want to do my own thing rather than help others and "be Christ" to them. If I am the only Bible some people will read, how come I'm such a poor translation? How come I am so immature when I've walked with God for 10 years now? More than anything I need to work on developing Christlike character. After all, how would my mission have any credibility if I am showing a poor image of Christ?

I wrote a review on Amazon of the book, but it looks like it was eaten in cyberspace. That'll teach me not to back up every review I write. :-p

Anyway, it's a good book and worth the read. It can change your life if you will put the five purposes he lists into practice. Now that I know, it is my challenge. I need to stop putting God on the back burner and get serious about intimacy with Him.

I'll end with the suggested prayer for day 40 in the companion journal.

Dear God, I commit the rest of my life to serving Your purposes in my generation - anywhere, anytime, anyway. Help me spread this message to others so they can become what You made them to be.

Amen and amen.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

Image courtesy Amazon.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone on Earth is about Him and is a testimony of His glory. Some for wrath others for the Glory of His grace and LOVE~

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Bada bing bada boom....Done on time n not too late none too soon.

You are focused and driven! Hey, guess that plan worked for you !!! What spiritual growth came from the study? What did you gain that can be passed on to us? Can you share a couple of the main points it was encouraging us to follow?

moderator said...

I've enjoyed your insights along the way - I am about halfway through it right now.