Wednesday, June 21, 2006

New low!

30 days cheat freeWeight this morning: 140.4!!! A new low! Yippee! My previous low was 141.

I think I will go ahead and revise my goal down. On the old Met Life chart, I'm supposed to weigh 128-143 (I'm in that range finally - yay!). On the new Met Life chart, I'm supposed to weigh 133-147. Other ideal body weights (bottom of this page) range between 134 and 138. The 1972 Atkins book says I should weigh 124-139. Interestingly enough, Atkins' 2002 book doesn't use a height/weight chart - it uses the BMI tables, which don't take frame size into account. Anyway, let's shoot for 138. (Based on Miller's formula; see bottom of this page.)

I thought my weight would be up today because of the salty meat I ate yesterday and how thirsty I was in the morning, but I guess with the heat the salt didn't hurt me. It's been SO hot lately.

Calories eaten yesterday: 1691
Calories burned: 2079
Carbs: 41g (good)
Fat: 75g (lower than I wanted, but not bad for the number of calories)

Today marks 30 days cheat free for me. Yay!

Didn't make it to the gym today because I had an appointment to see my podiatrist. Anyone seen those Lamisil commercials? That's what I have. But the doctor won't give me those pills, so we're doing this the slow way.

Walked over 10,000 steps yesterday, including the exercise I did at the gym.


Walked the last mile and a half to work today from the BART station. FitDay says 91 calories.

I've come to the conclusion that after losing 65 pounds, my hanging pouch of tummy is loose skin and not fat. Certainly not enough to warrant a tummy tuck, but there it is and it won't go away no matter how much I lose.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

A BLOG NOT HERE said...

Hi Newbirth :)

You are 3 pounds away from reaching your goal!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting is THAT??????!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you have and still are doing just beautifully.

I know what you have and feel bad that you can't take the Lamisil pills. Hope your condition clears up without too much trouble for you, my friend.