Sunday, June 18, 2006

Third weekend

stairmasterWeight this morning: 143 even
Calories eaten yesterday: 1725
Calories burned: 1892
Carbs: 60g (higher than I wanted)
Fat: 64g (WAY to low)

I think I did pretty good yesterday. I'm hoping the last two days of gaining won't see my gaining all my lost weight back and that it's just due to eating lots of salty meat the last two days. No more of that meat for me until after my weigh-in on Tuesday!

April (sister) and I got into a huge argument over Thanksgiving. She wants Dad and I to come, and if I won't eat carby food, then I have to cook an Atkins meal. :-p Oh fun. I 1) hate cooking, especially for 2) my family for 3) a holiday. :-p

Made it to the gym this morning. I did 30 minutes of weights (core and arms), 20 on the pedal-type stairmaster (pictured above), 10 on the elliptical, and 20 minutes walking 3.5 mph. FitDay says 267 calories burned. I didn't do any exercise yesterday. After church I just lounged around the house.

Looks like TOM's here. Oh fun. I've already been dealing with wanting chocolate (and did have a sugar free bar on Friday night). I used to have a whoosh right after TOM, but that hasn't happened in over a year now.


Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Picture courtesy Home Gym Equipment Guide.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know your family's dynamics, but I think it's nice they want to be with you. Family is so important, imo. Maybe instead of creating an alternative to every traditional dish, you guys could serve the traditional dishes and have some additional (Atkins friendly) foods to choose from. That way everyone has something they like and want. Would that work?

~Susie (smallersusie)

Unknown said...

S&F,

Yes, I cover my head because of the Biblical injunction. It's based on the passage in 1 Cor. 11. I believe after studying the passage that it refers to two separate coverings - a natural covering a woman is given of her hair, and a second covering that a woman chooses to wear as a sign of submission. The first is given my God; the second is taken by choice.

Does that help?

Unknown said...

Susie,

It may come to that, but I hope not. I talked to Dad last night to wish him a happy father's day. April already called him and mentioned that I didn't have the plane fare. Dad said he would pay, so it looks like I will be going.

We may come to the carby dishes because it's not just sis and Dad and I, but sis' Brazilian husband and possibly Dad's girlfriend. I just hope they won't insist on the full carby Thanksgiving. I did explain to Dad that it's very hard for me to resist carby food when it's right in front of me. The last time I visited April (for her wedding last August) I came home and binged on pizza.

It's a ways off, but we will see.