Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Week 1 Weigh-In

I did really great this week - I gained three pounds. Yes, you heard me right. Gained. I started at 144 last Tuesday and was 147.2 this morning. I'm blaming the stupid Pentecost feast last Sabbath. Oh well, it'll come off eventually. Except for Sabbath I totally behaved so it can't be real weight. Nonetheless, I updated my ticker above.

I've done an obscene amount of walking today. It all started with voting. I walked over the hill to the polling place. I took a wrong turn and ended up walking quite a ways in the wrong direction, reversed my course, walked back, voted, then walked back again as what had been the wrong direction was also the way to the bus stop. That was a long walk. Probably a mile easy.

Then I had my monthly meeting. Took the bus as close as I could, walked up the hill, had the meeting, and walked back down. Took the bus to the BART station, then walked the last mile and a half to work from there. I got up at 9 a.m. and by 3 p.m. I had already racked up over 10,000 steps and 4.8 miles on my pedometer. Aerobic steps (steps for 10 or more consecutive minutes) comes to 53 minutes and FitDay says that burns 159 calories.

At any rate, between getting up early to vote and walking so much, I'm a bit tired.

Did well yesterday - 1791 calories eaten, 52 carbs, and 1941 calories burned.

Today is 6/6/06 - 666, lol. Some people see significance in that (and the horror movie The Omen opens today). I just think, "Cool," shrug, and go on with life.

Hmmm...can I blame my weight gain on today being the "devil's day"...? Nah. I'll just say, "This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it."

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's right!
Keep the positive attitude!
I lost only 1lb but a lot of inches on my body. That's what matters.

:-)