Thursday, June 01, 2006

Back to the gym!

For people visiting here who are on "the diet," I was informed today that weigh-ins are Tuesdays. So don't forget to weigh yourself that morning and post your weight on your blog. :) I'll update my ticker above once a week on Tuesdays even if my weight goes up.

Wow. I was 143.4 this morning, lower than I have been in a while. Last night before bed I was 147 and that seemed like a low number so I figured I was dehydrated. I drank about 3/4 of a 20 oz. bottle of water after that to make sure I wouldn't be dehydrated in the morning and get a false lower weight. Anyway, I'm pleased with the weight even though it's probably just a fluke.

Today's calories will be a bit higher because 1) it's Thursday so I have a little extra wine while working around the house, and 2) yesterday was lower so to cycle my calories today should be higher. Tomorrow I will try to keep calories lower, especially since Saturday will be pretty high.

Today was my first day back to the gym after taking a week off. I also switched my cardio and weight training routines so that cardio was first. I sure could feel the difference in the weight training. I was tired going into it and just didn't have the strength and stamina I'm used to. :-p But hopefully doing it this way will halt the muscle loss that was occurring.

I did a lot of treadmill walking to try to get the stride length set correctly on my pedometer. I now have it pretty close. I love this pedometer. It has a clock and counts steps, "aerobic steps" (steps for at least 10 consecutive minutes) and the time you spent on that exercise, distance, and calories. It also has a seven day memory that you can pull up with the touch of a button. It automatically resets to zero at midnight every night. If you want a pedometer, spend a little extra and get this one!

Tonight I'll be drinking wine and cooking lunches for next week while the laundry goes. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow other than prepare for Sabbath. Tomorrow is my Saturday so I'm off. I guess I'll finish whatever lunch stuff I don't get done tonight.

A quick note on the cats - I'm almost finished with the current bag of food. This one leaves one more bag of the diet before I am leaving it behind forever! Then I have a couple small bags of Purina and then we can start in on the low-carb cat food. I'll see how they do on it. If they do well, it will be their new regular food. If they don't (coat not soft, etc.) then I will put them on regular Eukanuba, which still has a lot of carbs, but not nearly as much as the "diet" Eukanuba. I want to make sure that not only am I eating the healthiest possible, but that my cats are as well. :)

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be sure not to weigh yourself too much... it can become discouraging. Though, you're doing very well - so I maybe this isn't a factor for you.

Keep it up, and thanks for the promo!