Monday, June 19, 2006

Day 21

28 days cheat freeWeight this morning: 142 even
Calories eaten yesterday: 1858
Calories burned: 2084
Carbs: 45g (good)
Fat: 90g (yippee!)

Didn't make it to the gym because it was my bimonthly City run to get my mail. The latest (and very possibly last) issue of She Knows Diet and Fitness was there, along with my replacement picture from SportPhoto. Would you believe they spelled my name wrong on the photo?!? Who the heck are these people?!?

I did manage to walk to work from the BART station, and then did some laps around the hallway here at work for a total of 40 minutes of walking and 118 calories burned. I should be able to get to the gym tomorrow.

Walked over 10,000 steps yesterday, and I finally figured out why my pedometer shots were coming out blurry - I had my digital camera set on "mountain mode" instead of "flower mode." Once I flicked that switch to the flower position, I started getting much clearer shots. :)


Tomorrow is the official weigh-in. Last week's weight was 143.2. This morning I was 142 (my official goal). I know I need to drink lots of water today to keep myself hydrated so my body won't hold on to extra water, but with TOM here, the taste of plain water makes me nauseous. Looks like I'll be drinking a lot of tea and diet soda. I have Diet Rite and diet Hansen's, both of which also have no caffeine or sodium.

I'll update my ticker tomorrow morning. Expect a post about my weigh-in stats and everything that afternoon.

I called Dad last night to wish him a happy Father's Day, and he said he talked to April and would pay for my plane ticket to visit for Thanksgiving. So it looks like I am going and I'll be doing a lot of cooking. I don't know what traditional dishes I might be forced to make/sit near, but I will get through this Thanksgiving without wrecking my blood sugar like last year!

Speaking of visiting my sister, she'll be in town this weekend and that means very few meals at home and little control over what I eat for two solid days. I offered to bring a dish to Rob's BBQ on Saturday afternoon, and asked him to provide chicken with no sauce so that I could have something to eat (BBQ sauce is mostly sugar). So I can hopefully eat some chicken, and bring something like baked eggplant and then just stick to those dishes. As for alcohol, I'll ask if they have regular wine and skip the mixed drinks. April also wants me to go to Eleanor's house on Friday night. *sigh* She doesn't know what it's like to merely look at food and gain. At least with Eleanor it's easier to stay on plan - she always has wine, meat, and veggies, and then I just pass on the potatoes and dessert.

Speaking of dessert, TOM is making me want chocolate today, and the dessert left for Lisa's birthday yesterday turned out to be brownies. I gave in to one bite - and only one - and then gave it back to Lynn. Lynn told me where she put it, but out of sight is out of mind. I'm just at a place right now where sitting 15 feet from a pan of brownies is NOT a good idea.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

moderator said...

Glad you're on the downslide again! I am still waiting for my Whoosh Fairy to get back from vaction!

Amber @ Cafe Physique said...

The info that you share is a different perspective on Atkins. Most of the things that I read (not everything) are pretty negative. It's good to see your success with the plan AND that you are still including exercise even though you could probably still lose weight without it.

Congrats on reaching your goal too!