Friday, June 02, 2006

Day 4

Today's my Saturday so I'm home and hungry. Even going very hungry I'm still eating over 1700 calories today. :( That's way too high for a day that's supposed to be lower calorie, especially with how high tomorrow will be.

Brad dropped off the strawberry Atkins shakes that arrived a couple days ago at work. Lunch and dinner will both be "out" tomorrow so I'll take a shake and a meal bar to keep me from munching on bad things if I get hungry. Being around church people is always a major carb fest because carbs are cheap. So both the potluck lunch is my enemy as well as Leona's "Pentecost Feast" dinner. I need to bring some Atkins-friendly food with me. I also need to make sure I eat a good breakfast.

Hmmm, maybe I could cook up a box of Dreamfield's pasta as my potluck offering. I still have some low-carb pasta sauce. It tastes like the real thing so even the kids will eat it as long as I don't tell them. (Tell kids that something is a health food and they avoid it.) It's low-carb - still higher carb than I'd like, but it can help me through the day at least and still be Atkins-friendly. I even have a teeny bit of leftover ground beef I need to use up. Perfect! :)

Weight this morning was 143.6. I can live with that. No exercise except for vacuuming the apartment.

Oh, for those of you who use FitDay to keep track of exercise, weight, and calories eaten and burned, I learned yesterday that in order to get the correct number of "calories burned" you have to go to the activities section and enter the amount of time you slept. It will lower your calories burned to the real number. It sucks to have to tweak it, but it's the only way to get the correct number. It's still an awesome diet tool, however, and best of all, free!

One of my goals of this diet is to not just lose fat and gain muscle, but to go from an 8/10 to a solid 8. My size 8 Old Navy jeans are tight and I have a roll of fat on my tummy that hangs over the waist when I sit down. I want my clothes to fit better. I also want to get into my Calvin Klein shorts without them being skin tight.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: