Monday, June 12, 2006

Day 14

exercise bikeToday is Day 14. Tomorrow is the second weigh-in. I've still gained overall from my starting weight of 144, but am down from last week. This morning's weight was 144.2.

Did okay yesterday. I'm actually pleased. I ate about 1734 calories and burned 2061. I also got in over 10,000 steps. Not all were "true" steps. I spent 30 minutes on the elliptical and that racks up over 3,000 steps right there. :)


Made it to the gym today. I did 30 minutes of leg and core work. I was going to use the pedal-type step machine for cardio, but all three were being used, so I went over to the bikes and jumped on one for 30 minutes. Then I got on the treadmill and walked at 3.5 mph for 20 minutes. FitDay says 253 calories burned. Tomorrow I'll do arm work, Wednesday I have to buy groceries, and Thursday I'll do arms again (I always do core as well).

The cookies that were here yesterday were still here today. I carried them out of the room and down the hall to the producers' office. I don't need to around. I broke off a small piece of one cookie to taste it. It wasn't even good.

Lynn also brought in a lemon cake for us. It's covered. I had one bite and now I am ignoring it. Sugar and flour are EVIL! Can't people find other ways to show love than sugar and flour and other bad things? Why do we use things bad for us to show love to someone? Isn't that counterproductive?

Things that have been said to me lately:
Last week a bus driver I sometimes chat with said, as if noticing for the first time, "Oh yeah, you do have a little paunch" (in my belly). Gee thanks! You know how to make a girl feel good!

On the plus side, Pastor Tim of the church my church rents the building from said, "Have you been losing weight or something?" I said, "Yeah, about 60 pounds. I started two years ago." Talk about being slow on the uptake! But hey, at least he noticed.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Graphic courtesy LifeFitness.com.

No comments: