Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Week 3 Weigh-In

chickWeek 0: 144
Week 1: 147.2 (+3.2 lbs.)
Week 2: 143.2 (-4 lbs.)
Week 3: 141 (-2.2 lbs.)

Total loss: 3 lbs.

Three pounds in three weeks. I can live with that. :)

Did pretty well yesterday.
Calories eaten: 1606
Calories burned: 1949
Carbs: 34g (yippee!)
Fat: 77g (lower than I wanted, but not bad for the number of calories)

I updated my ticker. Doesn't it look good to lose weight? :)

Since yesterday was lower calorie, today will be higher. And I had to add a protein drink because it was a gym day. Yippee! I love going to the gym. :) I had no energy though. I don't know if I was just tired, or if it was the lower than usual number of carbs yesterday. I feel much better (and have more energy) at about 60g a day.

I think today's low number had to be some dehydration. Sure, it's a hot day out, but I was drinking tons and tons of water. This is the second time recently that I've seen 141, so that's good. I'll get where I'm going. It's just going to take time.

I'll be up next week due to 1) the potluck at church Saturday, 2) the BBQ at Rob's the rest of the day after that (and very likely mixed drinks that I need to turn down), and 3) possibly dinner at Eleanor's Friday night. I can eat low-carb - that's not an issue - but the calories will easily derail me. Plus with such a low low this week, I know I'll bounce up next week. That's okay. As long as I stay under my start weight of 144 I'm okay. I also want my nighttime weigh-ins to be under 147.

I know my goal is 142, but I'll confide a secret here - I'd really like to be at least 141 (not just hit it and bounce back like today) because that's an even 65 pounds lost and I get the cool chick graphic above. And 141 is so close to 140 for a nice even number. And 140 is so close to the 130s. So I really would like to lose a few more pounds. We'll see. I can't go hungry forever, but losing is, in so many ways, easier than maintenance. Maintenance really scares me because I tried it before and failed.

I may be switching my weigh-in day to Monday, in accordance with this group I joined. This group is targeted toward Atkins people who are in Maintenance or Pre-Maintenance and have lost at least 90% of the weight they needed to. I looked at some of the other challenge threads in that folder, but they mostly seemed to be race threads - who could lose 5 pounds the fastest, or who could lose the most by a certain date. Since I am doomed to failure in a race of this sort I didn't join any. I lose slow and I just need a group to keep me accountable and losing - even at a slow rate.

I'm sure by now everyone has noticed my "cheat free for x days" graphic. Who wants to take a bet on how many days I'll go until my next binge? Just add a comment with the number of days you think I'll hold out. :)


Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Chick graphic courtesy 3 Fat Chicks.

No comments: