Thursday, June 29, 2006

Day 31

5 days cheat freeWeight: 140.8
Calories eaten yesterday: 1730
Calories burned: 1929
Deficit: 199
Carbs: 45g (good)
Fat: 83g (yippee)
Calories burned in exercise: 83

Made it to the gym today. Did 30 minutes of weights and I am convinced I'm getting stronger, whatever the personal trainer says. I think my last body fat test was a fluke - one week after a major binge (for the Bay To Breaker race) I was still carrying extra water weight and bloated. I think the results would have been different had the test been done a week or two later.

Anyway, did 30 minutes of weights today - leg and arm. I did abs but forgot the lower back exercise. Then 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical with the arms, then 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill.

I'm happy with my 140.8 weight today. Of course I wish it were lower but that's still 3 pounds in 31 days which is not just good for me - it's excellent! I just have to keep the calories down and I can lose. Wish me luck getting these last three pounds off!

Turns out Oscar will be at church on Sabbath, so I'll be able to get a ride there. I still have to get up around 6:30 and leave the house a little before 8:30, though. And I'm not sure how late I'll be getting home so I'm planning on packing a lunch.

I finished reading The Mormon Murders today. Pretty good book. I'd say 4 out of 5 stars because the sheer number of characters left me confused a great deal. Still a good book though, and worth the read, especially if you enjoy true crime stories. :)

I'm thinking I'll give Protein Power a shot next, but I may just end up flipping through it and reading what catches my fancy. Depends on how good it is.

Of course, there's always the various health and fitness magazines I pick up.

I removed a link from my watch today. The watch was getting ridiculously loose. I have one of those link bracelets except that it has a watch along with all the links. I bought it in Alaska last year on the cruise. I tried to use one less link when I bought it, but had to add a link because it left a major imprint on my wrist because it was so tight. Now it just leaves a minor imprint, which is better than having it slip around, especially during my workouts. Only two links are blank. The rest are used up with cat-related stuff, some links from places I've visited, and a couple patriotic ones. And one that says "Princess" and has a little crown. :)

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: