Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Week 2 Weigh-In

scaleNo, this isn't my scale, but it is the kind of scale I have. It does body fat, too, but only the lower body which measures higher body fat in woman (since that's where we carry fat), so I just have a trainer at the gym test my body fat since he takes measurements from all over, not just the waist down like this scale.

Anyway...drum roll please...143.2 this week!

Week 0: 144
Week 1: 147.2 (+3.2 lbs.)
Week 2: 143.2 (-4 lbs.)

Total loss: 0.8

Woot! I'm actually quite pleased with this. I've shown nearly a 1 pound loss over 2 weeks. Considering how slow I lose, I am pleased as punch. Besides, it's quite common for woman to lose at the rate of only 0.5 pound a week. As long as I can stay on track on Saturdays despite the carb orgies at church, I should be okay.

The four pound gain the first week was because of the Pentecost feast and was just water. Water gain can mask real weight loss.

I updated my ticker. If I stick with this I should be able to get back to goal in no time at all! :) I know I haven't shown the wonderful loses of everyone else in the group, but I already had the initial water loss that everyone sees at first. I knew going in that I'd probably be the slowest loser, and that's okay. If I were just starting Atkins I'd be jamming. I lost 9.5 pounds the first month and 8 the second month before it slowed down.

I've been tracking my eating and weight on FitDay and I did some checking yesterday to see if I've lost anything over various periods of time (one week, two weeks, one month), and also if I am burning more than I'm eating for the same parameters. For every parameter checked I have lost at least something, and have burned more calories than I've taken in.

I finished the last of the Keto shake mixes yesterday. Today I started the Atkins shakes. I take a shake out on the floor with me when I work out, do weights first, and then sip the shake as I do my cardio.

Today I did 30 minutes of weights, 20 on the pedal-type stairmaster, 11 on the crossramp elliptical, and 20 walking on the treadmill at 3.5 mph. FitDay says I burned 272 calories.

Yesterday I did okay with food. I ate 1916 calories and 51g carbs, but burned 2090 calories. I also finally got my fat higher - 86g! If I can keep that up it should help me lose. :)

No gym tomorrow - I need to buy groceries - but then I should be able to make it on Thursday for a grand total of four times this week. Woot!


Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Picture courtesy Amazon.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! Any poundage lost is weight that you aren't gaining! *chuckles*

Anonymous said...

Hey nice work. I like the little pic of the scale added to your post.

Four times to the gym is awesome! Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your loss hun! I am starting over today and hope it will work out this time!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I saw that you had an account at FitDay and I went ahead and signed up myself.