Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Day 2

Thanksgiving 2005First, a quick reminder for those new here - the Celtic bar is not there as mere decoration. It divides posts. The post comment link is at the bottom of each post, not the top. Today I changed the text to read "x comments on above post" instead of just "x comments." I also got rid of the thin line that was above the comment area, so that confusion is removed. I love comments, but please comment at the bottom of each post. Thanks. :)

Ok, on to diet stuff.

Up to 145 today. Well, 144.8 most likely. I had already taken my vitamins with a few swallows of protein shake before I remembered I needed to weigh myself and the scale fluctuated between 144.8 and 145 before settling on 145. I messed up day 1 of this diet by eating extra calories yesterday - two pieces of sugar free candy (with sugar alcohols) before bed when I had only planned on one. Sugar alcohols always make me show a gain the next day. I'm trying to do some calorie cycling, so since yesterday was high, today is lower.

I tried to stop the Metabolife pills yesterday and my appetite came back with a vengeance! I started them again today. It just makes things a little less painful to not feel hungry all the time. I can't afford anymore when the current box is gone, but it really has helped keep my appetite under control.

My pedometer came today! Yippee! Now I can track my steps. I think I will do a walk of known quantity on the treadmill tomorrow to make sure I have the stride length set right.

Speaking of which, I get to go back to the gym tomorrow. My one-week-during-which-you-can-only-walk is up! Yippee again! I've missed the gym and had a hard time sleeping in. I think there might be something to the theory about low-carbers needing less sleep.

My two cases of Atkins strawberry shakes also came today. I have to buy off e-bay because, even with shipping, it's still cheaper than in the store. Strawberry isn't my favorite, but it'll be a nice break. I'll drink ANY Atkins shake. They are all so good. :)

Walked to work from the BART station - 1.5 miles. FitDay says 78 calories. I took a break at the mini mall as I have each day this week. I decided to get a diet Coke at one of the other restaurants rather than coffee at Starbucks. I sat outside and did my study and then read my book. When I got up one of my eyes was watering. It hasn't completely stopped even now, hours later. Gotta love allergies. I'll probably be okay by tomorrow, but jeez. I won't be sitting outside again. I took couple Benedryl and am using coffee to counteract its sleep-inducing effects since I'm at work. Argh!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: