Thursday, May 25, 2006

Doing well

Did well with calories and carbs yesterday - 1564 calories and 39 carbs, not including one bite of homemade carrot cake muffin. :)

I walked a little extra today to try to burn a few more calories. I walked to work from the BART station, then dropped my backpack, collected my Purpose Drive Life study material and my wallet, and walked back to Starbucks to do my study and have some ice coffee. :) It took 36 minutes and FitDay says 108 calories burned.

My official weigh/measure/body fat test is tomorrow! I'm just afraid that no matter how well I do during the week I am sabotaging myself on the weekends and that my weight gain is partly fat. :( I must do better on weekends. I have been really strict since getting back on plan Monday. Hopefully the water weight I gained from the carbs last weekend will be gone at least.

Got paid today and bought a couple Bay To Breakers pictures. I chose this one:



Of course, they will give me a high res print. :)

I went on an online shopping spree to get some much needed stuff - I bought BBQ sauce, Big Train Drink Mix (for making the frozen treat I blogged about), Baja Bob's alcohol mixers (just add tequila or rum), and coconut oil for when I make Atkins brownies and such (the olive oil just doesn't cut it for baking sweets).

I noticed yesterday that the Omron pedometer I've had my eye on at Amazon was on sale, so I bought that today.

Yesterday I signed up for a year long Flickr pro account. This allowed me to have as many photo sets as I want. So now everything is all nice and neatly organized. Check them out!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

A BLOG NOT HERE said...

Hi Newbirth :)

Those low carb products you bought are making my mouth water. Brownies are my favorite cake. Now you have me wondering what the low carb version tastes like.

I LOVE that photo of you finishing the race! Perfect to frame and show off in your home. ;)

Good luck on your weigh-in. Hope it makes you VERY happy.

Anonymous said...

Great photo! :)

~Susie

Barb said...

Great pic of you finishing the race. I hope I can do that one day, too. You've been doing great. I have to say I think I'm also a little weak on the weekends. Tomorrow I'm going to do a heckuva lot of walking with my sis (10 miles in the a.m.), though, so I hope that will help me stay on the straight and narrow.
Enjoy the occasional treats!
(getskinnyalready.blogspot.com)