Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Queen Victoria

Our Daily bread cover pictureWhile doing one of my daily devotional readings recently, I came upon the following item. I decided to share it here since it is about my namesake, Queen Victoria.

Once during her reign, Britain's Queen Victoria listened to a chaplain preach a sermon about the second coming of Christ. Those near the royal box noticed that the queen's eyes were filled with tears.

When the service ended, she asked the see the chaplain alone. Seeing her great emotion, he asked why she was so moved. She replied, "Because of what you said about the coming again of the world's rightful King, I wish to still be here when he returns that I might lay my crown at His blessed feet!"


Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Picture courtesy of RBC Ministries.

No comments: