Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Low-carb frozen "mousse"

Granted it's not real mousse. This is something I accidentally created recently.

First, take one packet of Big Train drink mix, any flavor of the "ice" ones will do. (Drink mix available here. I recommend this product!) The packet calls for a 1/2 cup of Half n' Half. Substitute in Whipping Cream. This gives it it's thickness. Then make it the way the package recommends - a 1/2 cup water and 12 oz. ice cubes, plus the packet of mix. Blend until all the ice is crushed. You may have to stop the blender and shake it from time to time to make sure the blades pulverize all the ice. Mine didn't come out very sweet, so you might want to add a packet or two of Splenda to sweeten it. I made the vanilla. This week I will try the chocolate.

Mine came out so thick that I spooned it into a martini glass and ate it with a spoon. [Edit: Here's a picture of the chocolate.]

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: