Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Catholics, Atkins, and Lent

I've never stopped to consider how the dietary restrictions of Atkins might conflict with the dietary restrictions of devout Catholics during Lent. They are not supposed to eat two of the three main staples of the Atkins diet - meat and dairy - during this time. I never stopped to consider this - until yesterday when I ran across how one Catholic is dealing with the dilemma:

John Gibson

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not Catholic. I observe Ash Wednesday, but not Lent per se. Today's meat included ground beef with sugar free BBQ sauce, and turkey and cheese in my sandwich.

I don't envy this guy at all. He's in a tough spot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi There!

Actually I am an Eastern Rite Catholic. We tend to be more hard core :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog