Sunday, March 12, 2006

Friday was the worst day of my cold. By yesterday I was on the mend, and today I just have a slightly runny nose. Still dosing on the vitamin C and using the Echinacea-Goldenseal capsules and Zicam. My nose is sometimes bleeding when I blow it and I'm not sure if it's because I'm blowing it more or harder, or if it's the Zicam causing it. I'm using the nasal swabs. The nasal gel in the bottle is too messy, and the chewables (which the store didn't even have) are full of sugar that I really shouldn't be eating.

Twelve hour shift at work. Nothing unusual about that. I hate it, but I need the money.

Went to the gym yesterday. It's rare to go on a Saturday, but when else can I go? My freaking life is spent either at work, or in transit between work and home. My time isn't my own except on Saturday.

I did get a little exercise today by walking to work from the nearest train station. About 30 minutes.

I dug out my super warm winter coat. Temps have been unseasonably cold, in the 40s. I need my super-warm, fur-trimmed coat. And my warm winter hat. And my fingerless gloves. It's so cold that snow caused the closure of Highway 17 to Santa Cruz. It's not supposed to snow on Highway 17!

No comments: