Thursday, March 02, 2006

What will you give up/add?

Because it's the Lenten season, I've been considering if I should give up (or add) something, as is traditional at Lent. I think I have the perfect thing. At the beginning of February I made a diet commitment to buy no low-carb candy for the month of February, and here we are and February's over and it's the start of Lent. I need to be staying away from things with sugar alcohols (they seem to stall me), so here's my commitment for Lent, with one caveat.

I will buy no sugar free candy during the Lenten season except as a treat and only if it contains no sugar alcohols.

That should keep me on the straight and narrow for another six weeks, yet allow me to buy the Mini Carb bars if need be.

Are you giving up or adding something to your daily practice during this Lenten season? Post a comment!

1 comment:

Lira said...

Adding something: I'm praying the rosary daily during Lent.