Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Let's start a meme

Let's start a meme and see how far this goes. I found this on Didditwife's blog. I'm making a few changes, and then tagging someone. :)

35 Things You Would Never Think To Ask

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops? Nope.

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters? Yes.

3. When's the last time you've been sledding? I don't think I've ever sledded.

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone? I'd rather sleep with my cats.

5. Do you believe in Ghosts? I believe something is out there. Not sure what those something are, though.

6. Do you consider yourself creative? Most of us are in one way or another. :)

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife? Without a doubt.

8. Team Aniston or Team Jolie? I pick...neither.

9. Can you honestly say you know ANYTHING about politics? Not really and don't care to, though I know I should.

10. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight? Maybe. I know I've pulled more than my fair share of 36 hour days and can think of a 40+ hour day in recent memory.

11. Do you kill bugs that are in the house? Sometimes.

12. Have you ever cheated on a test? Yes.

13. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around you, do you run the red light? or stop sign? I don't drive, but no.

14. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you? Does God count?

15. Have you ever Ice Skated? Not since I was little.

16. How often do you remember your dreams? Not very, unless I'm in that half awake state. Then I do.

17. When was the last time you laughed so hard you were crying? Too long.

18. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles? Um. No.

19. Do you always wear you seat belt? Yes.

20. What talent do you wish you had? To be able to sing on key.

21. Do you like Sushi? Only if it's cooked, but then I guess it wouldn't really be sushi, would it?

22. Have you ever narrowly avoided a accident? Hasn't everyone?

23. What do you wear to bed? Nightpants and a nightshirt.

24. Have you ever been caught stealing? No, although I have stolen.

25. What makes someone "hot" to you? Laid-back personality and a sense of humor.

26. Do you truly hate anyone? Anyone who screws me over just because they don't like me and have the power to do something about it.

27. Do you have a relative in prison? No.

28. Have you ever sang in front of the mirror like your favorite singer? Haven't we all?

29. Do you know how to play chess? I did once, but that was in high school.

30. What food do you find disgusting? Organ meats (such as liver).

31. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back? Not really.

32. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew? Yes. I do on the Internet all the time.

33. Have you ever been punched in the face? No, thank goodness. But a guy threw a rock that hit me in the face once.

34. When is the last time you threw up from drinking too much? Sometime in college.

35. Have you ever walked out on a movie at the theater? No, but I walked out on a movie last summer on a cruise ship.

I tag Gina.
-----

I tagged Gina. Gina tagged Jo and Pavel.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This little meme was rather fun... so although as a rule I don't post memes on my own LiveJournal, I may as well at least put my answers as a comment here.

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops? No.

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters? No. Half the fun is seeing what it looks like with your eyes open!

3. When's the last time you've been sledding? Mammoth Mountain... I was way younger, probably aged 12-14? (I'm 27 now). We used saucers and my saucer hit a tree... it was fun all except for the hitting the tree. :)

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone? Either. I'm perfectly comfortable sharing a bed with anybody (I have, many times, with one of my brothers, or an occasional friend; I would have no problems sleeping in a bed with most guys, and I could probably sleep in the same bed, quite platonically, with a woman just as easily--although I have never had occasion to do so). But I don't really care. I sleep alone currently and that's perfectly fine.

5. Do you believe in Ghosts? I believe in spirit beings of various kinds. I would not be surprised if at some time one of those beings has manifested itself as a ghost. But, I'm inclined to be very skeptical of all ghost stories as a rule. I think they are usually an overactive imagination.

6. Do you consider yourself creative? Sure. As a computer programmer and a musician, I had better be.

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife? Yes.

8. Team Aniston or Team Jolie? As a guy I think I have the right to have an opinion on this one. :-D I'm going with Jolie. She portrays herself as taller, more self-secure, and smarter. Not sure whether she actually is any of these things, but we're talking about actresses here... and acting is part of life.

9. Can you honestly say you know ANYTHING about politics? A few things, sure. I listen to NPR far too much, 'cause there's nothing good on the radio dial, and often nothing else to hold my interest while I'm driving. And they talk politics.

10. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight? No. All-nighters, yes, but not two in a row without falling asleep involuntarily at some point.

11. Do you kill bugs that are in the house? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Some bugs are too cute to kill. Some are too scary to kill. Other times it's just too much of a hassle not to kill them.

12. Have you ever cheated on a test? Perhaps no. I suppose I could have but I don't remember it.

13. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around you, do you run the red light? or stop sign? No, I stop, and wait for the green light if it's a light.

14. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you? I'm sure I have several that I've never told anybody, but I can't think what they are at the moment. I tend to spread my secrets around--nobody knows them all, but most of my closest friends know a couple. :)

15. Have you ever Ice Skated? Yes! I'm no pro, but I love it.

16. How often do you remember your dreams? These days? Probably one every week or two.

17. When was the last time you laughed so hard you were crying? Probably a couple years ago. I think my mom and I were editing words for a song, and I made a joke out of it.

18. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles? Well, let me try. I'm not a Beatles fan, in fact I think they are very overrated. But: Yesterday, Here Comes The Sun, Hey Jude. I haven't heard the original of "Here There and Everywhere", and not sure that's the title, but Marina V. did an excellent cover of it, so maybe that counts. Does Paul McCartney count? I love his song "Blackbird". That's 5, maybe. I've undoubtedly heard a dozen more Beatles songs in my life, but I can't think of names.

19. Do you always wear your seat belt? Yes.

20. What talent do you wish you had? The ability to flirt. I simply can't do it, in fact, I'm not even sure what it is. It would come in handy, occasionally. :)

21. Do you like Sushi? I don't like the thought of it, so I've never tried it. So probably not.

22. Have you ever narrowly avoided a accident? Yeah. I seem to have a knack for that in fact. Car accidents--I've only had to "narrowly avoid" them a couple times, thankfully (and there is that one that I didn't avoid). But I'll so often drop something by accident and then somehow catch it before it hits the floor; it's kind of freaky.

23. What do you wear to bed? It varies. Depending on how hot/cold I am. Sometimes a T-shirt and sweatpants, sometimes just underwear.

24. Have you ever been caught stealing? No, and I can't remember ever stealing, really, either.

25. What makes someone "hot" to you? Oh, so many things, but here's the important stuff. Paying me some attention in the sense of treating me like a normal person rather than ignoring me like so many do. Loves physical activity, physically fit and not weak. Spontaneous. Intelligent but not addicted to school. Oh, and then looks: taller than average, latina or part latina is a plus, nice smile, dark, brown, or red hair (blondes intimidate me). Natural look (no tattoos or odd piercings, natural hair color). Unique voice.

26. Do you truly hate anyone? No. There are a couple guys that I truly hate the way they treat me, or things they've done, or something about their personality, and come close to hating them, but I wouldn't say that I truly hate anyone.

27. Do you have a relative in prison? No.

28. Have you ever sang in front of the mirror like your favorite singer? Um, no; I love to sing, but never in front of a mirror; I don't want to watch myself! I want other people to watch me.

29. Do you know how to play chess? Yes. I'm no champ, but I know the rules.

30. What food do you find disgusting? I follow the biblical "old testament" unclean meats principles--sometimes known as "kosher" meat laws (although to a Jew, "kosher" often means so much more than abstaining from certain kinds of animal meats and fats). Having done this my whole life, I can honestly say, I find the thought of eating pork or seafood (not normal fish, but shellfish, shrimp, etc) to be completely disgusting.

31. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back? I don't think so.

32. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew? Probably. I get feelings about people where, maybe I know that I don't know them very well, but I think I understand their personality well enough to know something specific about them that happens to be relevant at a certain time.

33. Have you ever been punched in the face? No.

34. When is the last time you threw up from drinking too much? I have never even been drunk, so... never.

35. Have you ever walked out on a movie at the theater? No... I don't go to movies at a theater unless I know I'm going to like them. No sense in wasting money. ;) But does ceasing to watch a movie that I started watching, on an airplane, count? I've done that a couple times... there are some extremely poor movies out there.

Anonymous said...

Awwww...I wanna be memeed 2! I have come up with some very cute, giggly answers to those mind bending questions!

Unknown said...

I'd be happy to meme you or anybody who wants it, but they need a blog of some sort. :)

Anonymous said...

tell u what...when and if i get a blog...u'll be the first to know ;) but don't hold ur breath, lol

Anonymous said...

Who the hay is David? lol
And who the hay cares? lmao

Unknown said...

David is a friend of mine. I could ask you the same question and say the same thing.