Monday, March 20, 2006

"Vicki Boxes"

Each year for the past three years I have participated in the "Vicki box" tradition at the Absolute Best Cat (ABC) forum on Delphi. Each year things have gone fairly smoothly buying, shipping, and receiving.

Until last year.

Last year I bought and shipped my gifts, but I never received a Vicki box in return. It is now mid-march. At first I was told my Vicki had a lot of vet bills in December, and the box should arrive in January. Two months past that deadline, and coming up on three months past Christmas, and still no box. My Christmas sucked anyway, but come on, this is getting ridiculous.

KellyLynn promised to contact the person. (I don't know who they are. We find out who they are when the box arrives with the return name and address.) She said this is not acceptable, and I agree.

Here's her e-mail to me:

Hello Victoria

This isn't a bother. I am glad you contacted me.

That is a little irritating I will contact your Vicki to see what happened. I understand she had a lot of vet bills in December but this is not acceptable.


The Vicki box is important. Often my family gives me things they want me to have, rather than what I really want. There's always something cool in the Vicki box so I know I will get cool presents, even if my family just sends me duds. And it's still not here. :(

No comments: